I’ve helped hundreds of people to make peace with food (in other words, get to a healthy weight and keep it off). If you’ve been struggling with your weight, it’s probably not for the reasons you think it is…it’s likely because of brain chemicals—neurotransmitters.
This isn’t the latest diet trend—this is cold, hard science! In this podcast, I have a chat with Dr. Ann-Marie Barter, Chiropractor and Functional Medicine Practitioner, all about the role of neurotransmitters in our relationship to food and weight loss. I can’t wait to share with you Dr. Barter’s discoveries on the cutting edge of holistic healthcare!
Dr. Barter helps people to get out of pain and reach their maximum potential through a unique approach she developed after studying under some of the finest minds in her field. Her method includes high-level problem solving, focusing on functional blood chemistry analysis, nutrition, applied kinesiology, and natural remedies. She runs a clinic in Colorado called Alternative Family Medicine and Chiropractic and specializes in difficult Functional Medicine cases, including thyroid problems, blood sugar diseases, gut health, hormone dysfunction, and other metabolic conditions.
In this episode, we talk about the relationship between neurotransmitters (like dopamine and serotonin, the players in anxiety and depression) and gut health, and their effect on the mind, spirit, and particularly, the body.
If you’re feeling fatigued, struggle with digestive issues, have a lack of motivation, battle autoimmune disease, or just can’t seem to keep the weight off, you’re going to want to listen to this episode—click that play button!
IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE…
- The role neurotransmitters play in your metabolic health, including your weight
- Gut health, hormones, and the sugar cycle
- The real reason you have a hard time sticking to a diet
- Are blood test reference ranges reliable when the status quo is to be sick?
- How trauma and emotional events deplete neurotransmitters
- Common symptoms of serotonin deficiency + neurotransmitter boosters
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
- Are your neurotransmitters out of balance? Take a quiz/questionnaire on AltFamMed.com.
- Learn more about Dr Anne-Marie Barter at AltFamMed.com
- Order The Soul Frequency by Shanna Lee at TheSoulFrequency.com/Book.
- Join The Soul Frequency VIP Tribe on Facebook.