“Deep in your gut, 40 trillion chemists are hard at work helping you digest your meals, making essential nutrients you can’t produce on your own, protecting you from disease, and even shaping which parts of your DNA manifest and which remain dormant.” – Ocean Williams
There’s no doubt- gut plays a vital role in your overall health and well-being. It can help control everything from your weight to your mood to brain health, inflammation and immune function.
This week I’m joined by Dr. Ann-Marie Barter to talk all about taking care of your gut health. You’ll learn:
- Why gut health is so important
- Common and not so common symptoms that might indicate your gut needs to be healed
- Simple daily practices to take care of your gut health and to detox your body.
Dr. Ann-Marie Barter is on the cutting edge of holistic healthcare. As a chiropractor and functional medicine practitioner, she helps people get out of pain and reach their maximum potential through her unique approach she has developed after studying under some of the finest minds in her field.
Dr. Barter has always had a mind for high level problem solving. In her early 20’s she was introduced to chiropractic, whereas she had been very skeptical until it changed her life. The treatment was like magic – she felt new and light, like a better version of herself. She immersed herself in school, learning not only the art and science of chiropractic modalities, but also functional blood chemistry analysis, nutrition, applied kinesiology and natural remedies. She now specializes in difficult functional medicine cases, helping people with issues concerning their thyroid, blood sugar, gut health and hormone dysfunction as well as other metabolic conditions.
Dr. Barter went to Chiropractic school at the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon, but when she found out her mother was diagnosed with late stage cancer they moved to Colorado to fulfill her mother’s dream and she opened her first practice. These days Dr. Barter can be found dancing, skiing, running, practicing yoga, biking, hiking, practicing barre or walking her Rhodesian Ridgeback, Ritz.
Connect with Dr. Barter online:
Ready for more? Here’s how I can help:
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes or your favorite player app.
- 156: Taking Care of your Gut Health with Dr. Ann-Marie Barter Discover the diet rules actually worth following to end the fight against yourself and food so that you can get to your happy, healthy weight, naturally, permanently and WITHOUT dieting.
- If you’re in Chilliwack, get started with a free week of personal training at Ascend.