Today, I’m so excited to have Dr. Ann-Marie Barter on the show to chat about chiropractic care, functional medicine, and gut health.
– Dr. Barter’s background and why she’s so passionate about functional medicine
– What chiropractic is and some ailments that it can help address
– The educational process of becoming a chiropractor
– Common traits among her clients
– What every woman should know about functional medicine
– Leaky gut
– Changes every woman can make right now for their health
and so much more!
Here’s a little bit about Dr. Barter:
Dr. Barter has always had a mind for high level problem solving. In her early 20’s she was introduced to chiropractic, whereas she had been very skeptical until it changed her life. The treatment was like magic – she felt new and light, like a better version of herself. She immersed herself in school, learning not only the art and science of chiropractic modalities, but also functional blood chemistry analysis, nutrition, applied kinesiology and natural remedies. She now specializes in difficult functional medicine cases, helping people with issues concerning their thyroid, blood sugar, gut health and hormone dysfunction as well as other metabolic conditions.
Dr. Barter went to Chiropractic school at the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon, but when she found out her mother was diagnosed with late stage cancer they moved to Colorado to fulfill her mother’s dream and she opened her first practice. These days Dr. Barter can be found dancing, skiing, running, practicing yoga, biking, hiking, practicing barre or walking her Rhodesian Ridgeback, Ritz.